Caramelised Strawberry Balsamic
Prep time: 20 minutes
This yummy almond chicken is a great way to jazz up a comforting dinner favourite, not to mention that each piece is more filling than traditional version thanks to healthy fats in almonds!
Almond Chicken and Strawberry Balsamic Dipping Sauce – Ingredients
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (Panko are our favourite)
- 1/3 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 2-3 inch strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons Lirah’s Caramelised Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the almonds, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook shallots in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the stock, strawberry balsamic vinegar, tomato sauce and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened.
Note: Basil is a great substitute for rosemary