18 Nov Apple & Lirah Balsamic Turkey Roast
Caramelised Apple Balsamic
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Everyone loves a traditional Turkey roast at Christmas time but this one is so tasty that you’ll be wanting to cook it again before the year is out! With a glaze made from our delicious Caramelised Apple Balsamic combined with fresh apples everyone will be licking their lips as your serve it up! You could also swap the turkey for chicken if you like – just remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- 1.2kg turkey breast roast, skin tied
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Lirah Caramelised Apple Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 green apples, peeled & diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees with your oven rack in the middle.
- In a large saucepan, heat half of the oil, and brown the roast all over. Set aside in a roasting pan and season well with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the same saucepan with the Lirah Caramelised Apple Balsamic. Add the honey and shallots. Coat the turkey all over with the vinegar glaze.
- Add the chicken stock to the roasting pan and cook the glazed turkey for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes (until centre of the roast reaches 82 degrees). Keep an eye on the roast during cooking as you may need to add more chicken stock to keep it moist. Once cooked remove from the oven, cover with foil and let rest for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick pan, heat the leftover oil and brown the apples and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the roast and serve drizzled with the combined pan juices and apples. Serve with greens like steamed beans or wilted spinach.
Recipe:Apple & Lirah Balsamic Turkey Roast – a Lirah inspired recipe