Prep time: 10 minutes
This tasty, restaurant style, stew is sure to impress your family or dinner party guests. Best of all it’s super-quick to prepare so you’ll have it on the table in 30 minutes – great for those last minute get togethers! Not only that you can have the ingredients waiting in your pantry & freezer.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Lirah Gourmet White Balsamic
- Crushed Chilli flakes, to taste (optional)
- 2 cubes fish stock
- 2 chargrilled peppers, store bought, sliced thinly
- 300g potato, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 400g seafood marinara mix, defrosted
- 250g white fish, of choice, or salmon
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Parsley, finely chopped, to serve
- Melt the butter in a large heavy based saucepan then saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the crushed tomatoes, white balsamic and chilli flakes, if you are using. Crumble in the stock cubes and add the peppers and potatoes. Season, then bring to the boil and reduce heat to a simmer for approx. 15 minutes or until potatoes are softened.
- Add the marinara mix and fish to the pan and heat through for approx. 5 – 8 minutes until the seafood is hot and fish is cooked through. Stir in the dill.
- Divide stew between warm serving bowls and serve immediately sprinkled with fresh parsley and garlic bread on the side.