Prep time: 10 minutes
Go meat free with this delicious creamy balsamic mushroom pasta dish. You can have it on the plate in 30 minutes making it a great dish for after work. We’ve used button mushrooms but feel free to mix it up with any combination of mushrooms that you like.
- 300g fettuccine (or pasta of choice)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup shallots, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic
- ½ thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated plus extra to serve
- Salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- Cook pasta according to packet directions.
- While the pasta cooks go ahead and prepare your mushroom sauce. In a large pan melt ½ of your butter with the olive oil over medium heat. Once melted, add the shallots and garlic and cook until softened. Add the sliced mushrooms and toss them to coat in the butter and oil. Cook them until golden approx. 8 minutes. You may need to add a little more oil if the mixture gets to dry.
- Pour the Lirah balsamic vinegar into the pan and stir everything together. Add the remaining butter and cook for another couple of minutes, making sure to scrape up the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cream and Parmesan to combine. Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat in the mushroom sauce. Finish with the fresh parsley and season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with extra Parmesan and a fresh green salad on the side.