Prep time: 35 minutes
Balsamic Roasted Chickpeas make a delicious snack and are a great substitute for salt & vinegar chips. They are also delicious when added to a salad, pasta or soup – giving your dish some crunch! To achieve this crunch the most important thing to remember is to make sure that your chickpeas are completely dry before you put them into the oven.
• 400g can chickpeas
• 1 ½ tablespoons Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• Olive oil spray
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees and line a tray with foil.
2. Drain and rinse your chickpeas then place them on a towel and roll them around until they are completely dry (it is essential to get them completely dry for crunchy chickpeas).
3. Discard any skins that may have come off the chickpeas and then lightly spray with olive oil spray and toss to coat with the Lirah Aged Balsamic and salt until evenly coated.
4. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, toss them and then roast for a further 15 minutes.
5. Allow to cool and enjoy!