So simple yet so tasty! A satisfying dish that can be ready to serve in under 30 minutes.
- 500g penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian mixed herbs
- 1/4 cup Lirah Caramelised Classic Balsamic
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves torn
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Extra parmesan & basil for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan and saute garlic for 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, Italian mixed herbs & Lirah Caramelised Classic Balsamic. Cover & simmer for approx. 10 minutes until tomatoes are starting to fall apart.
- Add basil leaves and parmesan and toss to combine. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with extra parmesan and basil and crusty garlic bread on the side.