The fruity sweetness of our Lirah Vincotto works perfectly in this Italian-style cheesecake with a nutty pecan, almond crust. For best results make a day ahead and chill overnight in the fridge.
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup Lirah Vincotto
- 500g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh berries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 22cm spring form pan with baking paper.
- Place pecans in a small food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Place all dry ingredients for the crust in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Add the melted butter and Lirah Vincotto and stir well, making sure all dry ingredients are well coated.
- Press the “crust” dough into the base of the lined pan and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and firm.
- Reduce oven temperature to 160 degrees.
- Meanwhile place cream cheese in another bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Then add flour and beat until just combined.
- Add vanilla, sour cream and sugar and beat until just combined.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until just combined before adding the next. Note: it is very important not to overbeat the cheesecake filling.
- Pour the filling over the pre-baked crust and cook for approximately 55-60 minutes until the top is golden and feels springy to touch.
- Cool the cake in the oven with the door ajar about 20cm and then refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar and topped with fresh berries.