Cranberry and orange are a perfect flavour match for chicken thighs in this one pan wonder leaving more time for enjoying and less time doing the washing up!
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 6 skin on, bone in, chicken thighs
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1/3 cup Lirah Caramelised Cranberry Balsamic
• ½ cup frozen cranberries, defrosted
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
• 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• Zest of an orange, finely grated
• Juice of 1 orange
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a large ovenproof pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs, skin side down, and cook until the skin is golden and crispy, approximately 4 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside skin side up.
3. Melt butter in the same pan then add cranberries, Lirah Cramelised Cranberry Vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, orange juice and zest. Stir to combine.
4. Return chicken to the pan and scatter with herbs. Simmer until the liquid starts to reduce and the cranberries soften, approximately 5 – 10 minutes.
5. Transfer pan to the oven to cook until thighs are cooked through, approximately 20 – 25 minutes.
6. Serve the chicken thighs with steamed greens and spoon over reduced cranberry pan juices.