Prep time: 10 minutes
This perfect Christmas main of Cranberry & Orange Roast Chicken is so delicious you’ll be wanting to cook it all year round! The Cranberry Balsamic Butter keeps it succulent and juicy and the drizzle of Lirah Caramelised Cranberry Balsamic at the end means you don’t even need to make gravy. Just add your favourite sides, whether that be crunchy roast potatoes or a fresh green salad, and dinner is served!
- 1.5kg whole chicken
- 500g frozen cranberries
- 1 large orange
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
Cranberry Balsamic Butter
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Lirah Cranberry Caramelised Balsamic, plus extra to serve
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Zest of 1 orange
1. Preheat oven to 210 degrees.
2. Pat the chicken skin dry with paper towel, then place the cranberries and rosemary into your roasting pan.
3. Combine the Cranberry Balsamic Butter ingredients in a small bowl then carefully lift and spread the butter under the skin.
4. Place the chicken in your pan on top of the cranberries, then cut orange into quarters and squeeze the juice over the chicken.
5. Cook for approximately 45 mins then reduce heat to 180 degrees and continue roasting for a further 45 mins.
6. Serve the chicken with the cranberries spooned over the top and and finish with a drizzle of Lirah Caramelised Cranberry Balsamic.
Note: Turkey could be used as an alternative to chicken with adjusted cooking time.
Recipe: Cranberry Orange Roast Chicken – a Lirah inspired recipe