Have a hearty, healthy soup on the table in a flash! You can also replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock and this recipe will be suitable for vegans.
- 5kg carrots, chopped into 7cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 1 bulb garlic, halved across the width
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- Salt & freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 400ml coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons Lirah Gourmet White Balsamic
- Toasted coconut flakes and fresh coriander, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place carrot and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle over olive oil and toss vegetables with herbs and spices. Season with salt and pepper and place on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Drizzle halved garlic bulb with oil and season well. Wrap the garlic in a single layer of foil and place on the baking tray with the other vegetables.
- Roast for approx. 50 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer vegetables from the baking tray to a large saucepan. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves from their skins into the saucepan. Pour over chicken stock.
- Blend vegetables and stock with a stick mixer, until everything is smooth. Stir in coconut cream and Lirah Gourmet White Balsamic.
- Warm soup over medium to high heat until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup immediately topped with toasted coconut flakes, fresh coriander leaves and crusty bread on the side.
Note: If soup is too thick add a little extra stock or water to reach desired consistency especially if re-heating as soup will thicken up as it sits.