Prep time: 10 minutes
This salad is simple to make but is visually pleasing to the eye making it the perfect choice when you need to make a dish to share. Figs are the star so make sure you make it when they are in season and full of flavour.
- 1 cup candied pecans
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 8 – 10 figs, quartered
- 15 – 20 basil leaves
- ¾ cup firm Goats cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (real, not imitation)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper (optional)
Lirah Caramelised Fig Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons Lirah Caramelised Fig Balsamic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & cracked black pepper to taste
For the candied pecans
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees and line tray with baking paper.
- Toss pecans in a bowl with maple syrup, salt and pepper (if using).
- Place coated nuts on tray and bake for 13-15 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, when nuts are toasted, and set aside to cool completely.
For the Lirah Caramelised Fig Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a small screw-top jar and shake to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
For the Salad
- Place greens on a serving platter and arrange figs over the top.
- Sprinkle evenly with candied pecans, crumbled goats cheese and basil leaves.
- Drizzle over Lirah Caramelised Fig Salad Dressing.
Note: Goats cheese can be replaced with crumbled blue cheese like gorgonzola.