This marinade is a simple way to add a ‘zing’ to your fave fish dishes. Lirah Taste of Asia Balsamic combines the flavours of lemongrass, garlic & ginger with a hint of chilli which works beautifully with Salmon, Asian greens and a touch of lime.
For the Marinade
- 1 Tablespoon of Lirah Taste of Asia Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 1 Lime sliced
- 4 portions of salmon
- Your choice of Asian greens (Zucchini, Carrot, Bok Choy etc)
- 1 Teaspoon Butter
- Sesame seeds if available
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
Add all the marinade ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined.
Place your fish portions on a large piece of foil so there is enough to fold like a gift to seal once marinaded.
Use 3/4 Of the marinade to pour over all pieces of fish, lay the lime over the fish, then seal in alfoil and leave to marinade while you prepare the vegetables.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Stir in your choice of Asian greens and cook until lightly browned. Sprinkle with soy sauce and sesame seeds. Continue cooking until greens are well coated and tender.
Bake the Salmon in the oven for 15-20min on 200degrees for large/thick salmon. Thinner and smaller pieces cool for 15min then check for desired cooking.
Serve over the veg and drizzle the left over marinade over the warm salmon.