Prep time: 2 minutes
Sweet bite-sized scallops served with a buttery, balsamic sauce will make great finger food at your next dinner party. Make sure you use the freshest scallops available and serve immediately after cooking to avoid them going “rubbery”.
- 1 cup Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 large, fresh sea scallops
- Freshly ground salt & black pepper
- Pour the Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic into a small saucepan and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer about 15-20 minutes until reduced by half. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the butter and set the sauce aside.
- Season both sides of the scallops with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium – high heat.
- Add the scallops and cook for approx. 3 minutes on each side until a golden crust begins to form.
- Serve scallops immediately with the Aged Balsamic reduction as a dipping sauce.