Australian White Balsamic
Prep time: 20 minutes
Who doesn’t love to throw a prawn on the BBQ in the warm summer months?! It almost seems to be an Aussie tradition. This recipe calls for juicy plump prawns, grilled to perfection and served with a zesty citrus and Lirah Australian White Balsamic dressing. Fresh and delicious.
• 24 large whole prawns, shells intact
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
• ½ cup olive oil
• ½ cup Lirah Australian White Balsamic
• 6 cloves garlic, crushed
• ¼ cup fresh coriander chopped
• 2 limes, juiced
• Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
1. Working one at a time, use kitchen scissors to cut along the length of the back of each prawn just deep enough to expose vein. Remove and set aside. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place dressing ingredients in a screw top jar, shake well to combine and set aside.
3. Pre-heat BBQ grill to medium high. Lightly oil and grill the prawns, turning occasionally until shells turn red and meat is cooked, approx. 5 minutes. It should look slightly opaque.
4. Transfer prawns to a serving platter, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the extra coriander. Serve with fresh lemon or lime wedges to squeeze over. Enjoy!
Recipe: A Lirah inspired recipe