Prep time: 10 -15 minutes
This salad would make a delicious, quick & light meal or a great entrée at your next dinner party. With a balance of sweet and salty it really packs a flavour punch!
• 12 fresh figs, quartered
• 200g gorgonzola (or other blue cheese), crumbled
• 100g prosciutto
• 150g rocket
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons Lirah Grand Reserve Sherry Vinegar
• Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Place rocket leaves on a serving platter.
2. Arrange figs over the rocket and sprinkle evenly with crumbled gorgonzola.
3. Carefully drizzle honey over the figs.
4. Gently tear the prosciutto into pieces and add to the salad.
5. Whisk together the olive oil and Lirah Grand Reserve Sherry Vinegar and season to taste.
6. Just prior to serving, drizzle salad with Sherry Vinegar dressing and season with more black pepper.
7. Serve immediately with slices of fresh, crusty bread.
Note: Salad could be assembled on individual plates instead of a serving platter.