Prep time: 20 minutes
Who else loves cherries at Christmas time? We certainly do and these gorgeous Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic Cherries are the perfect condiment for your Christmas ham or turkey. They also work well on a festive cheese platter.
750g fresh cherries, pitted
½ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup currants
1 cinnamon stick
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan, over a medium-low heat.
- Stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved, approx. 10 minutes.
- Increase heat, bring to the boil, and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Remove cinnamon stick and spoon balsamic cherries into a sterilised jar. Seal, allow to cool, then refrigerate for up to 4 weeks.
- Spoon over your favourite Christmas meats or serve as a condiment with cheese.