Prep time: 10 minutes
For a finger-licking good dinner try these tasty balsamic marinated chicken wings. Start the recipe a day ahead for optimum flavor then serve with salad sticks and a herbed yoghurt dip. Chances are you won’t even need a plate! You’re welcome!
20 chicken wings
• 1 cup honey
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic
• 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 lemon, juice & zest
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Olive oil
1. In a bowl whisk together Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic with all other marinade ingredients.
2. Add ½ the marinade to a large re-sealable bag with the chicken wings. Set the other ½ of the marinade aside.
3. Squeeze the air from the bag, seal and gently massage the marinade into the chicken wings. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
5. In a large, oven-proof pan sear the chicken wings, in a little olive oil, until golden brown on both sides approx. 3 minutes.
6. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for approx. 30 minutes. Turn at 15 minutes to prevent them burning.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and add the reserved marinade. Return the pan to the stovetop and continued cooking the wings until the sauce thickens and they are well coated.
8. Serve on a large platter with crunchy vegetable sticks and herbed yoghurt dip.
Note: Store bought Tzatziki would work if you don’t have time to make the yoghurt dip!