Prep time: 10 minutes
Pork and apple is one of those classic flavour combinations – a match made in flavour heaven! This simple recipe is sure to become a firm, family favourite and on regular dinner rotation.
• 4 pork loin steaks
• 20g unsalted butter
• 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
• 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
• 2 red apples, of choice, cored and cut into thin wedges
For the marinade
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a small jug. Place pork in a shallow dish and pour over the marinade. Turn to coat and then set aside.
2. While the pork marinates heat the butter and oil in a large fry pan. Add the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the apples and keep cooking until the onions and apples are starting to look golden and caramelised, approx. 3-4 minutes. Remove onions and apples from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan cook the pork (reserve leftover marinade) for 4-5 minutes over medium heat. Turn the steaks and then return the onions, apples and reserved marinade to the pan. Cook a further 4-5 minutes until juices run clear.
4. Serve immediately with steamed greens and remaining sauce spooned over the top.