This red onion chutney goes with everything! Think cheese, think burgers, think curries – this will be your perfect accompaniment to so many things as it’s tangy but sweet.
- 4 red onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onions and chilli over medium heat for 15 minutes. Stir frequently so that it doesn’t stick.
- Add the garlic, sugar, salt & cracked pepper to taste and cook a further 5 minutes.
- Add the Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic Vinegar and stir consistently until the vinegar has evaporated.
- Turn off the heat and let the chutney sit and cool for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Place your chutney in a clean jar and use immediately or keep in the fridge for approximately 1 month.