Lírah products:Lirah Grand Reserve Chardonnay Verjus
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
The classic Italian flavours of tomato and mushroom meet middle-eastern cuisine with the addition of Verjus to this delicious pasta dish.
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 450g button mushrooms (fresh, cleaned and sliced)
- portobello mushroom (large, cleaned, quartered, and cut in small wedges)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 lemon
- white pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Lirah Grand Reserve Chardonnay Verjus
- 6 Roma tomatoes (small, peeled and sliced into rounds)
- basil leaves (thinly sliced)
- 250g dry pasta
- Cook the pasta in salted water, timing it so that it is just short of al dente when the mushroom mixture is finished.
- Put the butter and oil into a large, heavy-bottomed pan and heat on medium heat until the butter begins to brown. Add the mushrooms and cook until they start to brown. Add salt, lemon juice, and pepper, and continue cooking. Keep cooking until all the moisture has evaporated and the pan is dry.
- Add the Verjus to deglaze the pan and cook a few moments until the liquid is bubbling. Add the cooked pasta and stir to combine, adding pasta cooking water as needed to moisten the pasta to allow it to finish cooking and absorb mushroom flavor. Add the tomatoes and basil and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving plate and drizzle with additional olive oil if desired. This is nice served with cheese on top.