Prep time: 15 minutes
With the aroma of this gorgeous roast chicken filling your kitchen your family will be lining up for dinner! Combining our signature Lirah Aged Balsamic, red wine & rosemary this dish requires only a few ingredients to create something special.
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 brown onions, sliced
- 1 large fresh whole chicken
- ½ cup Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic
- ½ cup dry red wine
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the onions in a roasting pan and place your chicken on top.
- Combine rosemary, garlic, butter, salt & pepper in a small bowl. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel and then gently lift the skin and rub the rosemary mixture underneath, smoothing gently to spread evenly over both breasts.
- Mix the Lirah Aged Balsamic and wine together and then pour over the chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes per 500g of chicken, or until it is cooked through and juices run clear. Cover with foil if it browns too quickly.
- Remove chicken from the oven, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, transfer onion and pan juices to a small bowl, skimming off any fat. Serve the chicken with onion sauce, roast potatoes and steamed green beans.
Note: Fresh rosemary could be substituted for dried, just decrease the amount slightly. Red wine could be substituted for chicken stock.