Prep time: 15 minutes
Roasting is a wonderful way to cook beetroot and this recipe makes a fabulous side dish to a delicious roast dinner. Alternatively let the beetroot cool and serve later in a salad with feta cheese and mint.
- 1kg beetroot, peeled & cut into chunks (wear gloves to protect your hands from staining)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup Lirah Caramelised Classic Balsamic
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Toss beetroot with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt & pepper.
- Spread, in a single layer, in a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, remove from the oven and toss, then bake a further 10 minutes until beetroot feels soft to touch.
- Remove from the oven again and toss with the Lirah Caramelised Classic Balsamic until beetroot is evenly coated.
- Return beetroot to the oven and bake another 10 minutes or so, stirring halfway through, until beetroot is caramelised.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with orange zest. Equally delicious served hot or cold!
Note: Cooking time will vary depending on the size that you cut your beetroot.