This simple pasta dish can be served warm or cold so makes a great throw together dinner when you’re short on time, then take the leftovers for lunch the next day. The Lirah White Balsamic gives the dressing that little bit of “zing” needed to lift this dish.
For the Salad
- 350g short pasta, of choice
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 200g smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- Bunch of fresh basil and/or dill, roughly chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Shaved parmesan & extra herbs, to serve
For the Dressing
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Lirah white balsamic
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the dressing combine all ingredients and whisk or blend until smooth
- Cook pasta, according to packet directions, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook broccoli for 6 to 8 minutes until just tender (you want it to still have a little crunch!) Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place the pasta and broccoli in a large bowl with the smoked salmon and toss gently to combine.
- Pour over dressing and toss to coat other ingredients evenly. Stir through fresh herbs and season to taste.
- Serve topped with shaved parmesan and extra fresh herbs.