Caramelised Ginger Balsamic
Prep time: 3 hour marinating 12 minutes cooking
Salmon marinated with ginger balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and fresh garlic creates one of the most flavourful salmon dishes we have ever tasted; and it’s such an easy alternative if you’re guilty of preparing your fish with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a drizzle of lemon and oil for a convenient dish!
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons Lirah Caramelised Ginger Balsamic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced, reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish
- Place the salmon fillets in a large size ziploc bag or in an airtight container. Whisk together all remaining ingredients and pour over the salmon. Seal and turn to coat the salmon. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Toss gently to avoid the salmon from breaking.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminium foil. (This will will make clean-up easier and allow you to easily pour the sauce over the fish as you are serving it.) Place the salmon and pour any extra marinade over the fillets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Serve with pan fried asparagus, rice and lemon. Enjoy!
Indispensable tip: The most important thing to remember is that the fish will continue to cook for a few minutes after it is off the heat, so remove it just before it’s done to your liking.