Prep time: 20 minutes
Warm buns filled with slow cooked balsamic pulled pork and coleslaw makes for the ultimate home cooked version of fast food. While the cooking of the pork takes most of the day, all other steps are super quick and easy. A must try!
- 1.5kg boneless pork roast
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/3 cups Lirah Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Coleslaw (home-made or store bought) & Brioche buns, to serve
- Place your roast pork into your slow cooker. Pour over water and add the stock cubes and garlic powder. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, until falling apart.
- Just before the pork is cooked place the Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic & all other ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Continue to simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until it is thick and syrupy.
- Drain the juices from the pork, shred and stir in half the sauce.
- Serve the shredded pork with warmed brioche buns, coleslaw & the extra sauce and let everyone assemble their own sliders. Yum!