Prep time: 10 minutes
As the weather cools who doesn’t love the comforting smell of something delicious bubbling away in the slow cooker or on the stovetop. This delicious recipe only requires a few non-pantry staples, as well as very little preparation.
- 5kg beef chuck roast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 cup Italian Dressing (store bought)
- ½ cup Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic
- Season the roast with salt and pepper then preheat a large pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the oil then brown the roast on both sides and move it to your slow cooker.
- Add the herbs, garlic, Italian Dressing and Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours without opening the lid.
- Shred and serve with your sides of choice.