This salad is a mix of sweet and tangy but the real appeal is it’s colourful array of ingredients. Perfect to serve at a Summer BBQ or to enjoy as a tasty work lunch! Just keep your dressing separate and add just before you’re ready to eat.
- 1 large packet of mixed green leaves
- ½ small red onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- ½ cup slivered walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 250g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
Lirah Aged Balsamic Dressing
- ¼ Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small French onion, finely diced
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- Combine Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic and all other dressing ingredients, except olive oil, in a small food processor. Pulse until blended then, at low speed, slowly pour in olive oil and blend until well combined. Set aside.
- Arrange salad ingredients over a serving platter and drizzle with dressing just prior to serving.
Note: Turn this salad into a meal with the addition of some grilled chicken pieces.