03 Aug Try Caramelised Apple Balsamic
Thick, sticky & sweet with granite belt apples.
Add some apple intensity and nutty undertones with our Caramelised Apple Balsamic. Now available at your local Woolworths, find us in the fresh section today!
Warm Balsamic Caramel Apples
Lírah products: Caramelised Apple Balsamic
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
These divine balsamic caramel apples make an amazingly fast dessert when served over ice cream. They also make for a decadent brunch when served with ricotta on toast or as an accompaniment to fresh, fluffy pancakes or crepes. So delicious everyone will be asking for more!
- 2 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large apples, cored and sliced into thin wedges
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lirah Caramelised Apple Balsamic
- ¼ cup water
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the apples and cook over a medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown. This will take approx. 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelised approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Lirah Caramelised Apple Balsamic and water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until apples have softened and the caramel sauce is syrupy approx. 4 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to spoon the apples over your choice of crepes, pancakes, ricotta toast or ice cream and then drizzles with the balsamic caramel syrup.