08 Aug Try Caramelised Fig Balsamic
Thick, sticky & sweet with a hint of vanilla.
Our Caramelised Fig Balsamic is thick, sticky, sweet with a hint of vanilla & is now available in the fresh section at your local Woolworths!
Serve with fresh grilled figs and other fruits. Drizzle over pavlovas, cheesecakes, and more or simply use to glaze some roast meats.
Caramelised Balsamic Fig and Chicken
Lírah products: Caramelised Fig Balsamic
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, plus more as needed
- 450g chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup Lirah Caramelised Fig Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 450g fresh figs, halved
- Mix the balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, thyme, and garlic cloves in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan over medium low heat, pour the olive oil into the pan, and season the chicken with salt and pepper. Once the oil is hot add the chicken thighs skin side down. Cook the chicken thighs for 7-10 minutes, or until the skin is deeply gold brown and easily releases from the pan. Add more oil as needed
- Flip the chicken and cook on the other side until golden brown and the chicken is cooked through all the way, reaching an internal temperature of 75° C. About 10 minutes.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar sauce and figs into the pan and bring to a simmer. Let the sauce reduce by half, stirring occasionally to get any stuck on bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Flip the chicken in the sauce, letting the skin side sit in it for just a moment to moisten and get flavor, then serve skin side up with a healthy spoonful or two of the sauce over the top.