These vincotto glazed pork ribs are finger-licking good and a real crowd pleaser – perfect for a weekend BBQ. Serve simply with a salad of fresh greens.
- 2kg baby pork ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Lirah Vincotto
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees.
2. Place the ribs in a deep roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to cover them.
3. Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour then remove the ribs and pat them dry with a paper towel.
4. Now cool and refrigerate the ribs until you are ready to serve.
5. To make the Lirah Vincotto glaze, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring regularly, for approx. 10 minutes, until translucent. Add the rosemary and cook for another minute then add the Lirah Vincotto, brown sugar and tomato sauce, simmering for approx. 3 minutes. Remove glaze from the heat.
6. To cook the ribs, heat a BBQ on medium. Brush the ribs all over with the Lirah Vincotto glaze and then cook, turning and basting regularly, for 20 minutes until golden.