Prep time: 5 minutes
These divine balsamic caramel apples make an amazingly fast dessert when served over ice cream. They also make for a decadent brunch when served with ricotta on toast or as an accompaniment to fresh, fluffy pancakes or crepes. So delicious everyone will be asking for more!
• 2 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
• 3 large apples, cored and sliced into thin wedges
• ¾ cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons Lirah Caramelised Apple Balsamic
• ¼ cup water
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the apples and cook over a medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown. This will take approx. 5 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium, add the sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelised approx. 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the Lirah Caramelised Apple Balsamic and water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until apples have softened and the caramel sauce is syrupy approx. 4 minutes.
4. Use a slotted spoon to spoon the apples over your choice of crepes, pancakes, ricotta toast or ice cream and then drizzles with the balsamic caramel syrup. Serve immediately.