Get into the festive spirit with this stunning salad wreath that will make the perfect centre piece for your festive celebrations. Best of all you can eat it as well!
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 8 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 red apple, cored and sliced thinly
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced thinly
- ¾ cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Optional: Sliced cheese cut into star shapes
- Lirah Caramelised Apple Balsamic, to serve
- Heat a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the pecans and maple syrup and cook for 5 or so minutes until the syrup has evaporated. Stir constantly to make sure the nuts don’t burn. Set aside to cool then chop nuts in half.
- On a circular platter place a ramekin in the middle to make your centre circle. Arrange your lettuce leaves around the ramekin so that it looks like a wreath.
- Next carefully arrange your apple and orange slices over the leaves. Sprinkle with pomegranate arils, dried cranberries, maple pecans and cheese stars if using.
- Just before serving sprinkle over some Lirah Caramelised Apple Balsamic and enjoy!