Cranberry need not be all about Christmas. Everyone loves a Sunday roast – try this delicious recipe, with a cranberry twist, and impress the family at any time of the year. Start this recipe a day ahead to allow the flavours to develop overnight.
• 1.5kg – 2.5kg Ribeye roast
• ½ cup Lirah Caramelised Cranberry Balsamic
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• Salt to taste
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• ½ cup beef stock
• 2 cups frozen cranberries, defrosted (optional)
• 6 sprigs fresh thyme
1. Combine the Lirah Caramelised Cranberry Balsamic, garlic, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, salt and olive oil in a large zip-lock bag that is big enough to also hold the beef roast. Set aside.
2. Pierce the roast all over with a knife and place it in the bag. Close the bag and massage the roast with the marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
4. Remove roast from the marinade and wipe it with a paper towel to remove excess marinade. Reserve the marinade that is left.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a large heavy based, oven suitable pan, over medium heat. Sear beef until golden brown on all sides.
6. Add the reserved marinade to the pan with the beef stock and stir to combine. Add the cranberries (if using) and thyme and transfer the pan to the oven.
7. Roast for approx. 20 mins per 500g
8. When cooked to your liking remove from the pan & rest for 15 minutes before carving. Serve drizzled with caramelised cranberry pan sauce.