This creamy chicken dish is the perfect comfort food on a cold Wintery night. Perfect for serving at your next dinner party as it’s quick to make but feels a little bit special!
- 4 large chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- salt & cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons Lirah Caramelised Classic Balsamic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup dry Masala wine
- ¾ cup thickened cream
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Combine the flour and garlic powder in a small bowl and toss each chicken piece in the mix, pressing to coat well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan over medium – high heat. Once hot add the chicken and cook until chicken is golden approx. 5 minutes. Repeat on other side. Add one tablespoon of the butter and allow it to brown around the chicken for approx. 2 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and the mushrooms to the pan. Cook without turning for 5 minutes until golden brown, Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter along with shallots, garlic and thyme and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook a further 5 minutes then add the Lirah Caramelised Classic Balsamic. Cook until mushrooms are caramelised approx. 3 minutes. Set half of the mushrooms aside with the chicken.
- Pour in the Masala wine and chicken stock. Cook for approx. 15 minutes until slightly thickened. Add the cream. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer approx. 15 minutes until warmed through. Spoon reserved mushrooms over the chicken.
- Serve chicken sprinkled with fresh parsley, over creamy mashed potato with steamed greens on the side.