Prep time: 15 minutes
Everyone loves a Sunday roast and this Lirah Balsamic Roast Chicken will soon be a firm family favourite! Succulent and golden you won’t believe the amazing flavour from the combination of balsamic vinegar, herbs, lemon & garlic.
• 1.6kg whole chicken
• 2 tablespoons Lirah Caramelised Classic Balsamic
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1 teaspoon oregano flakes
• 1 teaspoon basil flakes
• 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
2. Place Lirah Caramelised Classic Balsamic, olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Add garlic, herbs, salt & pepper and mix well.
4. Place chicken in a roasting pan and carefully slip your fingers under the skin of the breast to make a pocket.
5. Spoon balsamic and herb mixture inside and gently massage out evenly under the skin.
6. Cook for approx. 1 ¼ hours or until done.
7. Cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes before carving.
8. Serve with roast potatoes, pumpkin, steamed green beans and an extra drizzle of Lirah Caramelised Classic Balsamic.