Everyone loves home made strawberry jam! Try this simple twist on the classic – add some of our signature Lirah Australian Aged Balsamic Vinegar which balances out the sweetness beautifully. This jam will be perfect for your morning toast or makes a lovely gift for friends and family.
• 500g strawberries, hulled and sliced
• 400g white sugar
• ½ cup Lirah Australian Aged Balsamic
• A few sprigs thyme
1. Add sugar and Lirah Australian Aged Balsamic to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil and cook stirring gently until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Add the strawberries and thyme and return to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Remove thyme sprigs then pour the jam into hot sterilised jars and seal.
4. Enjoy with fresh scones and a cup of tea!