Prep time: 10 minutes
The perfect Summer salad with noodles, fresh herbs & veggies and a dressing made with our Lirah Tastes of Asia Caramelised Balsamic. Tofu or any meat of your choice can be added for protein and to bulk the salad up.
- 1 pkt vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 large carrots, cut into thin batons
- 1 Continental cucumber, cut into thin batons
- 250g snow peas, thinly sliced
- Large handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Large handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Cooked tofu, chicken, prawns or beef
- ½ cup cashews, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons Lirah Caramelised Tastes of Asia Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, optional
- Combine Lirah Caramelised Tastes of Asia Balsamic and other dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar. Shake well to combine and set aside.
- Cook vermicelli according to packet directions. Rinse with cold water and drain well. Place noodles in a large bowl and toss with half of the dressing.
- Add vegetables, herbs and protein of choice and toss gently to combine.
- Divide among serving bowls and spoon over desired amount of extra sauce.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of toasted cashews.