Finger licking delicious Sticky Balsamic Drumsticks that will keep the whole family happy!
8 chicken drumsticks
1 cup water
½ cup Lirah Australian Aged Balsamic
1/3 cup light soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons ginger, grated
1 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
Chopped parsley, to garnish
1. Combine all ingredients in a large fry pan over medium heat, keeping chicken in a single layer.
2. Bring to the boil, turn the chicken, then reduce heat to medium so it simmers well, but not rapidly. DO NOT cover with a lid.
3. Cook for 20 minutes, turning at the halfway point.
4. By now the chicken should be cooked through so move the legs to the sides of the pan, propping them up against the edges, to allow the sauce to reduce.
5. Simmer for approx. 5 minutes until the sauce thickens. Keep a close eye on it at this point as it will reduce quickly once it starts to thicken. Now roll the chicken in the glaze.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and stand for 5 minutes. Roll the chicken in the sauce again.
7. Serve, garnished with chopped parsley.