Everyone loves caramel right?! This decadent sauce has just the right balance of sweet and tangy and is delicious drizzled over vanilla ice cream or fresh strawberries (or both!)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Lirah Gourmet White Balsamic
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup thickened cream, full fat
- Combine brown sugar and Lirah Gourmet White Balsamic in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, being careful not to burn yourself as the mixture may spit. Whisk the cream with the caramel mixture until smooth.
- Remove caramel from the heat and stir in the salt and butter.
- Pour caramel into a glass screw top jar. Cool to room temperature before replacing the lid and then refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve drizzled over fresh fruit and ice cream.