Can’t decide between your favourite Italian dishes? Have this meal on the table in a flash and you’ll keep the whole family happy!
- 500g short pasta of choice (ie macaroni, orecchiette)
- 150g sliced pepperoni, mild or hot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 400g crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Lirah Caramelised Garlic Balsamic
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 cup tasty cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Fresh basil or oregano, to serve
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut pepperoni slices into quarters.
- Heat oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add the onion, mushroom, capsicum and pepperoni and fry for approx. 5 minutes until vegetables are softened. Add garlic and olives and cook a further minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and Lirah Caramelised Garlic Balsamic. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally until thickened. Season well.
- Stir in cooked pasta then pour into an ovenproof baking dish and level the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with both cheeses, dried oregano and basil and bake in the pre heated oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve with garlic bread on the side.