Caramelised Apple Balsamic
Prep time: 30 minutes
We originally created this recipe to spice up ‘Taco Tuesday’ but our tasty, simple to make, budget friendly pork tacos were such a hit that we think it’s appropriate for any night of the week!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g pork mince
- 4 tablespoons of Lirah Caramelised Apple Balsamic
- 1 medium green capsicum, chopped finely
- 1 long red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 10 soft taco tortillas
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 2 cup grated vintage cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan; cook the mince, stirring, about 10 minutes or until browned. Add the Lirah Caramelised Apple Balsamic, capsicum, chilli and garlic; cook until fragrant. Remove from heat, stir in coriander. This is the taco filling, minus the cheese.
- Brush one side of the tortillas with extra oil, spread the pork mixture evenly over half the tortillas, oiled side down; sprinkle with the cheese. Top with the remaining tortillas, oiled side up.
- Cook in batches in a heated sandwich press or oven bake until cheese is melted. Or, add to a heated non-stick frying pan and cook until browned lightly on both sides.
- Cut quesadillas into quarters.
- Simply warm up the soft tortilla wraps and serve on a plate. Instruct your guests to make their own soft pork tacos wraps by adding the pork and apple mixture themselves and rolling up the traditional Mexican way!
- Grate a fresh apple into the pork mixture
- Serve with guacamole