Tantalise your tastebuds with this super simple salad that has the zest of citrus and a delicious Lirah balsamic vinaigrette to complete the flavour buzz. Perfect as a side dish at your next BBQ or serve as a light Spring lunch for 4.
- 3 medium oranges, cut into segments
- 1 small bunch mint, chopped
- 500g haloumi cheese, drained
- 100g walnuts
- 2 x 120g packets baby spinach and rocket mix
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Lirah Aged balsamic
- ¼ cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees and toast walnuts approx. 5 minutes until golden.
- Slice haloumi into 1 cm thick pieces.
- Heat a fry pan over medium-high heat, drizzle in a little oil and then cook haloumi until golden. Turn and repeat on the other side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- For the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well to combine. Set aside.
- To serve: Arrange spinach and rocket mix on a serving plate. Top with orange segments, and grilled haloumi then sprinkle with toasted walnuts and chopped mint. Drizzle over balsamic dressing.
- Serve immediately as a side dish at your next BBQ.