Prep time: 10 minutes
Salmon is a quick and healthy dinner option that the whole family will love. Simply finish with this beautifully tasty honey, balsamic and rosemary glaze and they will all be asking for you to make it again!
• 4 salmon fillets
• Salt & freshly ground black pepper
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• Toasted sesame seeds or finely chopped rosemary, to garnish
Honey Balsamic Glaze
• ½ cup Lirah Caramelised Honey Balsamic
• ¼ cup of dry white wine or chicken stock
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 sprig rosemary
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
1. Combine Lirah Caramelised Honey Balsamic with other glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer over medium – high heat until it has thickened and reduced to about a 1/3 of a cup. Stirring occasionally this will take approx. 10-15 minutes. Remove rosemary and set aside.
2. Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat then add the salmon and cook, without disturbing, until golden on the bottom approx. 3-4 minutes. Carefully turn over and cook to your liking, approx. another 2-3 minutes.
4. Serve salmon immediately with a green salad and drizzled with the still warm honey balsamic glaze. Finish with a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds or fresh rosemary.
Note: This Honey Balsamic Glaze works equally well with pork or chicken.