It’s hard to beat a Pav for dessert during the festive season! Who can resist a melt in your mouth base, topped with luscious, whipped cream and fresh seasonal fruit? Any of our fruity Caramelised Balsamic Vinegars make a delicious drizzle to finish!
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch salt
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 300ml thickened cream
- 250g fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 250g fresh blueberries
- 4 fresh passionfruit, pulp removed
- Lirah Caramelised Cranberry Balsamic, to serve
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add sugar ½ a cup at a time, whisking for 1 minute after each addition. Once all the sugar has been added, continue to whisk on high for 3 minutes.
- Combine the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla essence in a small jug. Add to the whipped egg whites and whisk until just combined.
- Use a spatula to gently spread the meringue onto your tray in an oval shape. Smooth the surface and sides. Reduce the oven temperature to 120 degrees and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the pavlova is dry to touch. Turn off the oven and leave the pavlova inside to cool completely.
- When pavlova is cool whip cream until thick. Spread over pavlova and arrange fresh fruit over the top.
- Cut into slices and serve drizzled with Lirah Caramelised Cranberry Balsamic for a festive twist!