With the fruity sweetness of Lirah Vincotto and crunch of walnuts, this pasta dish is unique and tasty. Simple enough to throw together for a weeknight dinner the whole family will love.
- 500g fettucine, or other pasta of choice
- 2 cups walnuts
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 500g good quality sausages, cooked and meat removed from casings
- 1/3 cup Lirah Vincotto
- 2 teaspoons Lirah Gourmet Aged Balsamic
- 4 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Spread walnuts over a baking paper lined tray and cook until toasted and aromatic. Cool.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet directions. Once cooked drain, reserving a cup of the pasta water to add later.
- Meanwhile make the “sauce” by placing sausage meat, walnuts, breadcrumbs, olive oil, Lirah Vincotto & Aged Balsamic in a food processor. Pulse until just combined so that mixture keeps some texture. Season well.
- Return drained pasta to the pot with the sausage and walnut mixture. Add half of the reserved pasta water and stir to create a “creamy” sauce. Add the extra pasta water if required.
- Serve immediately with an extra drizzle of Lirah Vincotto, sprinkled the parmesan cheese and parsley and with crusty bread on the side.